The New York office advises the maritime and offshore, real estate, private equity, aviation, and renewable energy and natural resources sectors with respect to:
- Asset, structured and project finance (including financial restructurings and work-outs);
- Equity and debt capital markets;
- Private equity and venture capital (including joint ventures and strategic alliances);
- Corporate and M&A;
- Litigation and arbitration; and
- Bankruptcy (including Chapters 7, 11 and 15).
WFW practices New York law and United States federal law. The firm also provides Delaware corporate law advice, Marshall Islands and Liberian corporate law and ship mortgage advice and related legal opinions and Vanuatu ship mortgage advice and related legal opinions. The firm’s lawyers have extensive experience as well with maritime and offshore transactions in Brazil, Mexico and other Latin American jurisdictions.
As part of Watson Farley & Williams’ broader international offering, the New York office has a particular understanding of clients’ cross-border needs and regularly work on a highly integrated basis with our worldwide network of offices and legal practices to deliver superior service on a timely basis.